At Western Window Systems, we’re committed to providing you with the details you need to ensure your deliveries are successful. If you’re having products delivered via crate and freight, here are a few things you should know:
Crate and freight delivery details:
- Delivery time is approximately between 10 a.m. and noon.
- All shipments include a standard tracking number and links to delivery partner websites.
- To track your order, contact your inside sales representative.
- Crates can weigh up to 5,000 pounds. Customers are responsible for providing a forklift and the manpower to unload crates safely.
What to do when your order arrives:
- Verify your company information and order number are correct by consulting the shipping manifest attached to the outside of each crate.
- To ensure you have received all the crates in your order, check the carrier’s Bill of Lading (BoL).
- If there is noticeable damage to the crate but not to the product inside, write "damaged crate" on the carrier’s BoL. Include the number of damaged crates.
- If both the crate and product are damaged, refuse shipment by writing "refused damaged return to shipper" on the carrier’s BoL.
- If no damage issues are noted and you have signed the BoL, your delivery is complete.
For more information, contact your Western Window Systems representative.